July 30, 2020
Easiest Way to Make Delicious Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy
Categories : Sausage and Peppers
Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy.
You can have Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy
- Prepare of Grits————————.
- You need 3/4 pound of smoked sausage fried.
- Prepare 2 cup of grits.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need of Gravy——————-.
- Prepare 16 ounce of can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 3 cups of Monterey-Colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of heaping all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy instructions
- Dice the smoked sausage..
- Bring the water with the salt to boiling add the diced smoked sausage and 1/2 stick butter..
- Add the grits to the water and sausage. Stir leaving no lumps..
- Shred the cheese..
- Add the cheese to the grits..
- Now add the half stick of butter. Cover and let it melt when it has melted stir well. Then cover again..
- Heat the oil for the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, bacon drippings, and salt and pepper..
- Bring to a simmer. Add the dehydrated onions..
- Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the flour.
- Stir adding in the water. Simmer a bit till your desired thickness. Taste adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the grits to a bowl or plate.
- Top with tomato gravy and serve. I hope you enjoy!!.