August 24, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken
Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken. Enjoy awesome Cajun rice in no time with a little help from Johnsonville. This recipe starts off with the holy trinity of Cajun cuisine: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Throw in your favorite long grain rice and diced tomatoes, add in Johnsonville's Cajun Style Chicken Sausage, and you've got yourself an authentic Cajun dish that's sure to please.
For this Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, a smoked pork sausage, like the Louisiana classic Andouille sausage, will give you the most authentic flavor in your jambalaya. But, if you can't find Andouille, feel free to use your favorite smoked sausage. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. You can have Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken
- It’s 1 lb of Pork sausage -sliced.
- You need 3 lbs of chicken breast -chopped.
- Prepare 4 of onions -chopped.
- It’s 1 of bellpepper -chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of celery -chopped.
- You need 1 pack of green onions chopped.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need of Couple dashes hot sauce.
- You need of Couple dashes Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 6 cups of water I used half broth /water.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice / I used zatarains rice not box rice or u can use regular long grain rice !.
Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Sausage & Chicken Cajun Jambalaya Cajun Jambalaya is full of andouille sausage, chicken, the holy trinity, and has all of the flavors of an authentic Louisiana recipe! This easy one-pot meal is gluten-free and makes a healthier Cajun dinner or Mardi Gras recipe. Sausage & Chicken Cajun Jambalaya has all of the flavors of an authentic jambalaya recipe.
Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken instructions
- Also season chicken with Cajun seasoning before cooking once that brown sausage an chicken together.
- Then add veggies an cook down till tender or till a lot water cooked out bout half way you can add seasons or wait till u put you water in!.
- Once veggies an meat cook down good add rice an stir constantly till the rice kinda expands, possibly 3-5 mins then add water or broth or like I do half an half then stir good let come to a hard boil.
- Once at a hard boil drop your fire to a simmer an let cook for about 20 mins, then cut your fire off, your pot should have liquid on the top just stir good don’t scratch the bottom of the pot this is called rolling your rice once that put lid back on an let soak up stem for about 15 mins then should be done !.
This sausage jambalaya comes together easily in one pot, is gluten-free and dairy-free for a simple and healthier Cajun dinner recipe. This one-pot Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya is an authentic Creole Jambalaya recipe loaded with tender chicken, andouille sausage, and all of the bold flavors of Mardi Gras! One year ago right now I was taking it easy in the Big Easy, sipping on a beer while listening to some live Dixieland jazz, and working up the courage to wrestle an alligator. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, rice, thyme and Cajun seasoning. Served over rice or rice cooked with the jambalaya for one pot meal.